What is Sermorelin Acetate?
• Sermorelin Acetate is a compound similar in structure to growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH).
• Sermorelin Acetate has been known to stimulate the pituitary gland to produce and secrete growth hormone
• It is a bioidentical synthetic hormone peptide sequence comprised of 29 amino acids
• Sermorelin was approved by the FDA to treat children but many functional medicine doctors are using it off label to optimize growth hormone levels of adult patients
• Sermorelin Aceteate is best prescribed to taken at least 30 minutes before or after food consumption
• Sermorelin Acetate is normally prescribed at night to maximize the body’s natural cycle of growth hormone and stimulate the pituitary gland during REM sleep
• Sermorelin is an analogue of growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH)
What are the Benefits?
Based on the literature, Sermorelin has been shown to be effective in raising growth hormone/ insulin like growth factor - 1 levels which helps to:
• Increase bone density and regenerate nerve tissues
• Strengthen the cardiovascular system
• Strengthen the immune system
• Increase muscle mass Enhance energy levels
• Improve ability to burn fat
• Improve cognition and memory
• Increase sex drive Improve bone and mineral density
• Improve recovery and repair from injuries
What to Expect?
Increase in energy, sex drive, skin elasticity, muscle tone, stamina, focus, bone density, and mental functions. Patients can also expect to experience deeper, more restful sleep, fuller hair, and improved recovery time from wounds and illnesses. Also you should see a decrease in fat, wrinkles, cholesterol, cellulite, joint and muscle pain, fatigue and depression.
Benefits Over Time
Week 1: Improved Quality of Sleep
Week 2: Recovery from workouts
Week 4: Mental Clarity
Week 6: Skin Elasticity
Week 8: Body Composition
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO WORK?
Just like most peptide hormones, Sermorelin usually has a “loading” period of 3-6 months before full effects are noticed (though you may see benefits before this time as noted). Once taken, both Sermorelin and rHGH are eliminated from then body very quickly and therefore need to be taken frequently. Its actions are dependent on a chain reaction of biological processes which result in elevated and sustained HGH and growth factors. It takes some time for levels to become optimal and initiate the benefits we are seeking to achieve.
What You Need to Know Sermorelin
Sermorelin should not be used while pregnant or breastfeeding. Always tell your physician about all medications and supplements, especially corticosteroids and thyroid medications you are taking. Common side effects of Sermorelin include reactions at the injection site, such as pain, redness or swelling; and less than 1 percent of patients report dizziness, flushing, headache or hyperactivity. Women usually* take Sermorelin orally by a sublingual tablet. Men usually* take Sermorelin through injections.